FPASA welcomes the appointment of Lloyd Phetlhu.
“I believe Lloyd will add immense value to our prestigious NPO, The Fire Protection Association of Southern Africa (FPASA), due to his diligence, experience in coordination of national fire services activity, strategic development of fire policies and strategies, as well as the support and implementation of the Fire Brigade Services Act, 1987 (Act 99 of 1987) between 2003 and 2014” says Renay Sewpersad.
A few of Lloyd’s notable accomplishments are:
· Establishing the national fire services institutional structures and provision of targeted support to provincial fire services.
· Development of regulations in terms of the FBSA, and development and review of regulatory frameworks for the fire services.
· Provision of secretariat support to the Fire Brigade Board, while providing guidance and advice to other spheres of government and fire services stakeholders.
· Served as a primary point of contact to the International Search and Rescue Advisory Group (INSARAG) Secretariat.
· Developing and supporting the implementation of national fire safety and prevention strategies and frameworks, while establishing partnerships with key role players.
· Coordinating fire safety and prevention training throughout the country, together with urban search and rescue training.
Renay will continue to serve the FPASA as an Executive Director, focusing on insurance fire risk special projects (strategy, execution, and implementation) which she says is her passion.